In Italy, the mafia has a name such as Cosa, which originated in the 19th century. The term refers to criminal associations that first originated in Italy and then spread around the world. Unsurprisingly, the world of crime, its cruelty, and the laws of justice have become popular cultural themes.
Cinema, literature and video games show users this mysterious world from within. In this article, we want to show you our new list of games about criminals. With this, you can experience adventures on behalf of characters from the criminal world and risk nothing.
The best mafia games
- Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven (2002). Tommy Angelo is at the center of the story. He is a taxi driver who becomes a member of a criminal syndicate. The game takes place in the fictional Lost Heaven City in the 1930s. This period perfectly conveys the atmosphere of the Great Depression, the Alcohol Act and gang violence. Its gameplay will surely surprise you with its versatility. There, you will see races on the cars of the time, as well as shootouts, complex missions and stunning soundtracks.
- Mafia II (2010). That is the second part of the franchise that will show you the story of Vito Scaletta. He is an immigrant from Italy who is trying to create a career in organized crime. The action of the game will take you to the 1950s. There is an era of rock and roll, the first cars and the post-war economy. The graphics and music of Mafia II make this game the leader among game masterpieces.
- Mafia III (2016). The plot of this project is centered around Lincoln Clay. He is a veteran of the Vietnam War who wants revenge on the local mafia. The story takes place in New Bordeaux, a city that is similar to New Orleans. You will feel the influence of racial stereotypes of the time and it will be realistic. The gameplay of this project will allow you to show your strategic skills to conquer territory and fight enemies.
Each game in this famous series does not just tell a story about the mafia. They immerse the user in the game, help him feel the vibe of a particular historical epoch, and go from a simple bandit to a criminal boss. Also, you will be able to experience the complexity and duality of mafia life.
Now, we suggest you get back to our rating list:
- The Godfather: The Game (2006). This game is based on a legendary film. Today, The Godfather: The Game allows users to become part of the Corleone family. Players will be able to become part of the world of crime, which is full of iconic characters. Also, they will be able to take part in crucial events of the old film. At the same time, they will complement them with a unique plot. Here, you will see a complex economic strategy requiring the player to control various businesses and businesses. All of this will help you feel what it means to be a real mobster.
- Scarface: The World Is Yours (2006). This unique project will give you an alternative look at Tony Montana’s fate after the events of the cult film. Instead of falling for this character, we will see his ascent as he tries to regain his reputation and empire. Business approaches from this game allow users to participate in various activities such as simple drug sales, big deals and negotiations with other drug barons.
Factors that make these games popular
These games recreate the world of crime and help players explore it in all aspects. Mafia projects have a beautiful vibe. For example, they explore topics such as the code of honor, family ties, and social hierarchy. They also tell you stories of betrayal, intrigue, and moral issues. As a result, users will face difficult ethical questions.
The best mafia games we have described in our rating list will give you a unique opportunity to travel the world without boundaries between good and evil things. They will allow users to experience the problem of complex moral choices and make decisions that determine the fate of their characters. They can understand what it means to be part of this dark but fascinating criminal world.