The sports competition, which is held outside the limits of the country’s cup or championship, Europe, or the world, is called the International friendly football match. The result of the game in such competitions is not the most important and does not have a special meaning for both teams. The most important thing in such a match is to maximize the quality of the match for the benefit of all participants.
Why are there international football friendly matches?
The purpose of such competitions is similar to that of regular local city or state matches. Football players are trained as part of a meeting with a real rival of a similar or higher level and this is the main purpose of such matches. Athletes benefit from such competitions and make their skills more effective.
The holding of friendly matches also has other objectives.
- Improving teamwork in the team, which is very important in the process of replacing field players and goalkeepers with other players, as well as in the recovery of injured team members;
- Testing of the skills of athletes and their prospects for joining the regular club;
- Identification of the most effective players who will join the main line-up on large-scale matches;
- Improvement of standard game skills of sportsmen, creation of new tactics and strategy.
Both teams benefit equally from international friendly football meetings. This is the reason why such matches are often held. Both urban and national teams participate in such sporting events.
Features of friendly football competitions
Friendly international football matches are held in strict accordance with several rules:
- Games are held before the start of the championships or between seasons when teams have time for additional training.
- A derogation from certain rules may sometimes exist. Among such rules is the match without warning from the referee and the absence of a limit on the replacement of footballers.
- As a rule, friendly matches of international football teams are held in the stadium of the host team. That team does not have special bonuses.
When teams of different states come together in friendly sports competition, specialists keep full statistics of the match and use much more strict rules of the game.